7 Innovations from the 2014 International CES Part Two
- Here are seven striking finds from Dwell's first day roaming the sprawling floor (or floors, really) of the 2014 International CES, formerly known as the International Consumer Electronics Show in…
- Fresh from his appearance at Design Indaba in Cape Town, Mikal Hallstrup of Designit talks about the importance of design in everyday life.
- Six alltime favorite picks for portable stereo speakers, plus one new tabletop version from the American audiophiles at Klipsch.
- LG Electronics partners with designer Nate Berkus to enhance its premium Studio line of kitchen appliances.
A Bluetooth speaker is a must for impromptu alfresco gatherings. This one boasts a passive subwoofer and an eight-hour battery.
If video killed the radio star, then certainly the Jambox by Jawbone will have a hand in hammering the final nail into the Boombox coffin. This impressive wireless speaker pairs with a number of electronic devices, such as your iPad or tablet devices, Smartphone, Mac or PC. Using Bluetooth technology, this speaker streams your favorite music, or can act as your personal home theatre speaker system for movies or television shows right from your iPad. Oh, and did I mention it’s also designed to allow you to take that unscheduled conference call from anywhere? Sync it with your smartphone, and watch your office cube (or kitchen table) turn into a virtual conference room. Weighing in at only 12 ounces, it's perfect for bringing along the next time you’re at the beach, hanging out poolside, or while traveling.
- The wearable technology trend has gone gangbusters. At the 2014 International CES, electronic fitness trackers had a strong presence on the show floor. Here's a sampling.
- In Out of Memory, currently on view at SCI-Arc's gallery in Los Angeles, architect Patrick Tighe transports visitors to another plane with an experiential installation that combines light,…