On Your Mark, Get Sett
- What better place for Dwell to host our SXSW Eco party than a prefab pop up at the design complex of the woman who founded the Austin Modern Home Tour?
- Austin-based architectural photographer Patrick Wong, who holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in architecture, asked the firm Cottam Hargrave for help in designing and building a…
Your home can be prefabulous. Sett Studio takes an innovative approach to designing functional spaces that you can use as a home office, an art studio, a yoga space, a guest room and more. The firm elevates standard prefab vernacular with knockout modular design starting at $150/foot: Think floor-to-ceiling windows and bamboo floors.
- Fall is upon us and the branches are beginning to grow bare, so there’s no better time than now to focus on your hardscape. Here are 10 ways to incorporate pavers into the modern garden.
- Shou-sugi-ban, a Japanese wood-charring technique, is emerging as one of builders' and woodworkers' favorite trends this year.
- On Austin’s outskirts, where urban, industrial, and rural collide, lawyer and science-fiction author Chris Brown’s bunker-style home redefines modern city living.
- Despite its “everything’s bigger” credo, Texas is a hotbed for reasonably sized—small even—buildings. To follow, seven homes that show the Lone Star state’s modern side.
- These five Austin homes from the Dwell archive combine sustainable design with contemporary ingenuity.