Sir Nicholas Grimshaw
- In addition to my tour of the Freitag factory in Zurich, a huge high point of my recent trip to Switzerland involved hopping over the border from Basel to 1 Charles-Eames-Strasse in Weil am Rhein,…
- Vitra's Weil-am-Rhein, Germany, campus boasts not only the production facilities of the famous furniture manufacturer but also numerous iconic buildings by world-renowned architects.
- From northeastern Italy to downtown Pittsburgh, a trendy neighborhood in Melbourne, Australia, to Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, here are eight inventive, modern apartment buildings that fit in…
- In a nursery off the coast of Monterey, California, Rana Creek raises millions of plants each year.
- Ten years ago, realtors wouldn't have guessed they'd be selling luxury apartments based on cotton insulation and dual-flush toilets. High-end highrises are gaining environmental cred.
- Situated on the Thames, moments from the 1894 Tower Bridge and the 2002 City Hall, the Design Museum's location invites reflection on London's design and architectural history.
- Quintessential California architect John Lautner would have been 100 this July. Set high above Palm Springs, his beyond-groovy Elrod House is nothing short of concrete poetry.
- We all have stuff to store—it's a necessity—but why do we have to do it the boring way? Here we've gathered five great examples of creative ways to make wall storage fun!