Q&A with Japanese Architect Shigeru Ban
- Each week Dwell.com delivers many great original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- 2014 Pritzker Prize winner Shigeru Ban’s body of work is a showcase of spatial and material innovation.
- Boldly declaring “One Chair Is Enough,” Artek, the Finnish company founded in part by legendary architect Alvar Aalto, today introduced a new product line, the 10-Unit System by Shigeru…
- What should Japan’s homes of the future look like? A few years ago, designer Kenya Hara posed that question to a group of Japanese architects and companies.
- If any contemporary designer embodies the stark but somehow perfect use of space and form that characterizes a certain branch of Japanese aesthetics, Kenya Hara is the man.
- MUJI, the Japanese brand famous for being tastefully brandless, will soon open a retail shop in JetBlue's new Terminal 5 at New York's JFK airport.
- Recently, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Sebastian Wrong, Design Development Director for the UK-based Established & Sons.