Q&A with Japanese Architect Shigeru Ban
- 2014 Pritzker Prize winner Shigeru Ban’s body of work is a showcase of spatial and material innovation.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers many great original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Boldly declaring “One Chair Is Enough,” Artek, the Finnish company founded in part by legendary architect Alvar Aalto, today introduced a new product line, the 10-Unit System by Shigeru…
- If any contemporary designer embodies the stark but somehow perfect use of space and form that characterizes a certain branch of Japanese aesthetics, Kenya Hara is the man.
- What should Japan’s homes of the future look like? A few years ago, designer Kenya Hara posed that question to a group of Japanese architects and companies.
- One of the most devastating crises to hit Japan in over 60 years, the March earthquake and tsunami left the country shocked, traumatized and distressed.
- House flipper and paint color specialist Jeff Lewis on his hit Bravo television show, working with Home Depot, and his appearance at Dwell on Design
- Shigeru Ban calls the Aspen Art Museum, which is expected to be completed this summer, "my great step forward in my career as an architect." Dwell caught up with the architect for the recent reveal…