Q&A with Autograph Creative Directors
Donerik Dela Cruz and Aaron Pou describe their business as a “design start-up in challenging times,” but since launching Autograph, a brand consulting, art direction, and graphic design company, in April 2008, staying busy has been anything but challenging. In its first year of operations, Autograph has developed designs and campaigns for high-profile companies including Adidas, Levi’s, and Method Homes, to name a few.
@current / @total
- In the final City Modern panel, a talented group of architects and designers met at the Flexform showroom in Manhattan to discuss retail design.
- Recently, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Sebastian Wrong, Design Development Director for the UK-based Established & Sons.
- After a sold-out, standing-room only viewing of the new Handmade Nation movie in San Francisco, I got in touch with director Faythe Levine (author of a book by the same name) to discuss the evolving…
- If any contemporary designer embodies the stark but somehow perfect use of space and form that characterizes a certain branch of Japanese aesthetics, Kenya Hara is the man.
Stop by and check out a screening of Objectified, director Gary Hustwit's new film about everyday objects and the industrial designers who create them. The screening will be followed by a Q&A with Hustwit.
Dwell Editor Aaron Britt recently moderated a discussion with Hustwit and others, as part of the Dwell Conversations series, about the film and about how objects shape the world around us. Be sure to read an extended interview with Gary Hustwit conducted by Associate Editor Miyoko Ohtake, as well.
- I was down visiting some friends in Santa Cruz, California, a couple weekends back, and one of my hosts--a friend working on his dissertation on Californian Utopianism in literature who knows of and…
- This seven-part blog series profiles a new prefab development in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood—a LEED Platinum-targeted building containing 23 "micro-studios".
- Have you ever wanted to peek inside the notebooks of your favorite designers?