Partners in Design
- Strolling down Brattle Street in Harvard Square, one can't help but notice the new vibrant swathes of color and fabric trumpeting from the windows of the Design Research Building.
- This week, Marimekko launched its fourth and fifth shops at Crate & Barrel in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Calling all film and design buffs! The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is currently showing the first U.S.
- One of our favorite architects Down Under is the Melbourne-based, but Tasmania-bred, Andrew Maynard.
- The famed Finnish textile brand Marimekko, renowned for simple, bright prints (and owing their original popularity in the US to Jackie Kennedy's Marimekko shift dresses in the 60's) has released…
- Crate and Barrel's newest addition is a shop-in-shop at their SoHo location featuring products by Finnish textile and design house Marimekko.
Keep your keys, pens, knitting, or change handy in this eye-catching catchall from textile legend Marimekko.
Chances are your bedside reading doesn’t include Finland’s national epic, The Kalevala, but that should not preclude you from tucking
in under textiles imprinted with folkloric patterns inspired by the 50-part poem. Sanna Annukka’s new collection for Marimekko includes her rendition of the mythical Sampo.