Partners in Design
- Strolling down Brattle Street in Harvard Square, one can't help but notice the new vibrant swathes of color and fabric trumpeting from the windows of the Design Research Building.
- One of our favorite architects Down Under is the Melbourne-based, but Tasmania-bred, Andrew Maynard.
Designed by Clara Del Portillo, the Natural cutlerly line mixes the age old elegance of silver with the nobel material of wood, creating a warm and modern offering.
- This week, Marimekko launched its fourth and fifth shops at Crate & Barrel in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- The famed Finnish textile brand Marimekko, renowned for simple, bright prints (and owing their original popularity in the US to Jackie Kennedy's Marimekko shift dresses in the 60's) has released…
Can you really compare experimental three-dimensional typography – like lettering made of live moss or letter kites that fly messages in the sky – to the work of Gutenberg? If you ask Jeanette Abbink, Emily CM Anderson and the over 100 international designers and typographers featured in 3D Typography, the answer is a resounding yes.
- Calling all film and design buffs! The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is currently showing the first U.S.
- Beyond a shining white foyer and a canteen infused with fragrant lunchtime aromas, Marimekko’s Helsinki headquarters hides a textile factory in its belly.