Partners in Design
- Strolling down Brattle Street in Harvard Square, one can't help but notice the new vibrant swathes of color and fabric trumpeting from the windows of the Design Research Building.
- One of our favorite architects Down Under is the Melbourne-based, but Tasmania-bred, Andrew Maynard.
Designed by Clara Del Portillo, the Natural cutlerly line mixes the age old elegance of silver with the nobel material of wood, creating a warm and modern offering.
- This week, Marimekko launched its fourth and fifth shops at Crate & Barrel in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- The famed Finnish textile brand Marimekko, renowned for simple, bright prints (and owing their original popularity in the US to Jackie Kennedy's Marimekko shift dresses in the 60's) has released…
- Calling all film and design buffs! The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is currently showing the first U.S.
Can you really compare experimental three-dimensional typography – like lettering made of live moss or letter kites that fly messages in the sky – to the work of Gutenberg? If you ask Jeanette Abbink, Emily CM Anderson and the over 100 international designers and typographers featured in 3D Typography, the answer is a resounding yes.
- Beyond a shining white foyer and a canteen infused with fragrant lunchtime aromas, Marimekko’s Helsinki headquarters hides a textile factory in its belly.