The Making of Dwell with Chris Gardner
To open our September 2009 apartment-themed issued, we dreamed up Dwell’s ideal apartment. Not content to play mere decorator, we tried on the role of developer and enlisted architect Craig Steely to design our multiunit abode and illustrator Chris Gardner to put the proposal on paper and give the concept some color.
@current / @total
- On Becoming an Artist: Isamu Noguchi and His Contemporaries,1922-1960 recently opened at the Noguchi Museum.
- In our latest Backstory series, Seattleite Lou Maxon recounts the thrills and trials of ditching the suburbs, buying property, and designing and building a modern house with…
- "Postmodernism: Style and Subversion 1970-1990," on view at London’s Victoria & Albert Museum through January 15th 2012, is the first major exhibition to take a long, hard look at…
- One of New York's last large-scale urban planning initiatives, the Lower Manhattan Expressway, never came to pass.
- When Matthew Carter finished high school in England in the 1950s, he moved to the Netherlands for a year; he’s been working with typography ever since.
- Dwell Editor-in-Chief, Amanda Dameron, has shopped the Dwell Store to select her favorite products.
- Feast your eyes on half a dozen of our favorite movers and shakers in the graphic design world after the jump.
- Hello, friends! Welcome to Home Work, a new column on dwell.com.