Belt Buckles by Kiel Mead
Senior Editor Aaron Britt talked to Kiel Mead the other day, after an initial cruise through his site yielded the Birdie Light, which he promptly posted. A closer look yielded a handful of men's accoutrements that he rather liked, including a passel of belt buckles and a tie clip. They chatted them over and Kiel sent some pictures of his work. Be sure to check out the slideshow for a very design-savvy wardrobe upgrade.
@current / @total
- Michelle Lord is a visual artist based in Birmingham, England.
- Along with his studio, Kiel Mead, a Brooklyn-based designer and the founder of the American Design Club, has created what he's calling "the best ornament of the holiday season—the only…
- When you’re surrounded by high-resolution displays, classic pixelation takes on a retro novelty, which is what makes the LaMetric notification display look so good in an office or bedroom.
- Thirteen Brooklyn design studios—with locations ranging from Red Hook to the Navy Yard to Bushwick, and practices varying from furniture design to brand consulting to woodworking—opened…
- Israeli–born, New York–based designer Dror Benshetrit’s work runs the gamut from product and furniture design to architecture and interiors.
- Since graduating from Design Academy Eindhoven in 2003, Rotterdam-based Christine Meinderstma has carved a niche for herself exploring the stories of ordinary objects.
- When the architecture industry suffered a massive blow due to the economy, architect Margarita Mileva turned to upcycling office supplies.
- The 22nd annual Los Angeles Modernism Show, held May 1–3 at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, featured more than 70 exhibitors with mid-century wares trucked in from all over the country.