The Architecture of Adler & Sullivan
- Chicago preservation architect Thomas “Gunny” Harboe prefers not to dismantle architectural monuments.
- We got a sneak peek of the new PBS documentary '10 Buildings That Changed America', which premiered on Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 10:00 p.m. ET.
- Brise soleil—architectural devices that shade structures from sunlight—offer sculptural flourishes and passively cool buildings. We examine five examples from the Dwell archive.
- For its fifth anniversary, the Curry Stone Foundation—a charitable organization that celebrates community-oriented design projects—has announced the five recipients in its annual…
- Open space, high ceilings and sizable square footage make the bones of an abandoned building the perfect template for transforming into a modern home.
- Richard Meier puts 400 of his handmade architectural models on public display in a converted industrial space in Jersey City.
- Last weekend I was in Chicago and after hitting the show floor at the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS) and visiting Mies van der Rohe's 880-860 Lake Shore Drive Apartments, I traveled along…
- The Pulitzer Prizes were announced this week, with the prize for commentary going to Sarah Kaufman, a dance writer, of the Washington Post.