Architect Matthew Hufft
Matthew Hufft is the principal and founder of Hufft Projects and the fabrication stuido MAKE, both young Kansas City, Missouri, firms that we've been keeping an eye on here at Dwell. After a phone conversation he and Senior Editor Aaron Britt had before the holidays, we figured we'd put a few more questions to him and share the result, and some of his work, with you.
@current / @total
- Like doorknobs, mailboxes, and fencing, house numbers are crucial for broadcasting a home's essential modern-ness. Neutra is a guaranteed winner, font-wise, but consider a few other modern options.
- We hunted down the essentials in this rustic-meets modern bedroom so you can recreate the look in your home.
- It's easy to overlook Kansas City, Missouri. Located squarely in the nation's center, it is better known for its barbecue and bebop than as an incubator for creative design and architecture.
- There's no better time to gather around an outdoor fire pit then on a windy Autumn night.
- Thanks to Matthew Hufft, their envelope-pushing architect and longtime friend, Hannah and Paul Catlett have a new home in southwestern Missouri that’s a fresh, unconventional take on the…
- Inspired by architect Lucy Marston's edited farmhouse in the English countryside (featured in our March 2014 issue), we've rounded up a few more modern farmhouse renovations.
- 2012 is coming to a close, and to celebrate a year in modern architecture, we've collected our 12 favorite stories, one for each month. Click through for a dose of design inspiration.
- From a textile designer's bright London home to a modern farmhouse in Missouri, peep to see five more of our favorite home renovations around the world. View Part One, Two, and Three here.