Anna von Schewen
While in Vegas for Surfaces and Las Vegas Market, I had the chance to not only take in the terrific 17 Swedish Designers exhibit but also chat with Anna von Schewen and hear her lecture. She spoke about Swedish history (lamenting a lack of a design award among the Nobel prizes and reminding everyone that Pippi Longstocking was a Swedish character), Scandianvian design ("We have a philosophy of openness, simplicity, and modernity," she said, adding that "recently the focus has been less about functionality and more about emotionality"), and Swedish product innovations (like the BabyBjörn and the Peepoo single-use, biodegradable toilet bag). Here, she takes us on a tour of her own designs.
@current / @total
Stackable armchair in natural beach or stain, with a frame of chromed metal steel tubing. Seat can be covered in fabric or leather.
- Last year the venerable Swedish furniture makers Gärsnäs showed us they could bring fashion to furniture with Pierre Sindre’s collared Button chair, Anna von Schewen’s bunched…
- If there was one exhibition I longed to see last year, it was 17 Swedish Designers.
- Though this is the time of year when many people spend the weekends bustling around finishing their Christmas shopping, it's a good time to take a break and warm up with a stroll inside a…
- We continue our coverage of the 2012 Stockholm Furniture and Light Fair with a selection of especially haute seats.
The Dress, available as both an easy chair and a 2 seat sofa, can be upholstered in fabric or leather.
- When decorating, black can take you anywhere from bold to sophisticated to edgy. Here, we take a look at eight great black furniture, lighting, and accessory pieces for the home.
- Massproductions is a Stockholm-based furniture company that launched last year based on the longstanding collaboration between designers Magnus Elebäck and Chris Martin.