Textile Design Focus
- In the small village of Spannum, in the Dutch province of Friesland, Claudy Jongstra heads a felt-design studio whose modesty in process and material belie its overwhelming commercial appeal and…
- Inspired by her natural surroundings, a Dutch felt artist intuitively crafts a home on a northern Holland harbor.
- Among the static furniture displays of the 22nd annual International Contemporary Furniture Fair, which opened at New York's Javits Center this morning, the venerable Finnish brand Artek invited a…
- Whether faux or for real, sheepskin and fur are modernists’ favorite fuzzy accessories.
- Eyjólfur Palsson and his Reykjavic-based Epal Furniture emporium have supported and championed Icelandic design since the 1970s.
- What's that you say? It's National Cat Day? We just couldn't help ourselves so we're doing National Cat Day the Dwell way.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- When it comes to modern design, we can't all be award-winning, but we can all take on a little DIY now and then. Here, we present some of our favorite DIY supplies and projects from over the years.