Lukas Scherrer's Custom Bassinet
I'm always a fan of good DIY design, but Lukas Scherrer, the mastermind behind the San Francisco industrial design firm Shibuleru, has taken it to a new level. Check out this incredible bassinet he designed for his new daughter and created with the help of his wife. Never one to accept what's off the shelf, Scherrer has devised a hardy nest for his little one, and considering the bassinet's specifications and construction, it might just outlive her. Watch the slideshow and read along as he takes us through the process.
Showing image @current of @total
- In August 2010, Kristi Reimers opened the doors of her shop Eco Carmel to fulfill a dream of starting her own businesses and also to make a difference to her Carmel, California, community and to the…
- The wooden structure next to Laurie and Peter Stubbs' house outside Baltimore is made out of trees and is nestled in the woods but it isn't technically a tree house.
- Built on a challenging hillside site and tucked behind a thicket of trees, the Bridgman, Michigan, house designed by Scott Rappe provides a modern weekend retreat for a Chicago couple.
- Dwell's popular Home Tours included a Breezehouse by Blu Homes in Healdsburg as a bonus tour during this spring's Marin Home Tours.
- Infant brand Oeuf has been celebrated by celebrities and design magazines alike for its sophisticated yet whimsical products for children.
- After the Dwell prefab popup party at SXSW Eco this past October, we spent the next Saturday checking out a number of modern homes and happenings around Austin, where we stumbled with delight…
- For architect Michelle Linden, living and working in 600 square feet poses its challenges, but one of the biggest was completing a gut-renovation on the tightest of budgets—just $25,000.
- In 2009, Ted Hall was producing his own certified-organic wine, growing olives that he turned into extra-virgin olive oil, raising cattle for grass-fed beef, and harvesting heirloom fruits and…