Alessi 9090: Polish
Alessi uses two types of 18/10 stainless steel (the number refers to the chromium-to-nickel ratio): 2B, with a carbon content of 0.2 percent, is more malleable and less shiny than BA, which has 0.4 percent. The exterior is made of 2B, because the molded surfaces require more malleability. Inner components are made from BA.
@current / @total
- The factory floor is a city of tall hydraulic presses. Humming and chinking sounds bellow down aisle after aisle.
- Tungsten inert gas (TIG) welds and spot-welds join the molded parts.
- After more than 100 steps, the completed parts are ready for packaging.
- Alessi—In the 1970s, Alessi invested $300,000 to develop its first cooking appliance: a stovetop espresso maker by Richard Sapper.
- We love to break down the intricate steps that go into making our favorite furniture, products, prefabs and more.
Sleek lines and rounded corners give the Birillo Soap Dish a minimal yet modern appearance. Designed by Piero Lissoni as part of the Birillo collection of bathroom accessories, the Soap Dish is made from shatter-proof white PMMA and polished, slotted stainless steel to allow for optimal water drainage.
Created by award-winning Japanese architect and designer Toyo Ito, this distinctive cutlery set draws on the tactile sensation of chopsticks. Its sleek, linear lines are softened with an organic quality inspired by plants. The result is an elegant harmony. Composed of one table spoon, one table fork, one table knife and one dessert fork in 18/10 mirror polished stainless steel.
The Birillo Toilet Brush lends a touch of elegance to an otherwise dolesome household chore. Created by Italian-based designer Piero Lissoni, the Birillo Toilet Brush is made from shatter-proof PMMA in opaque white and high polished stainless steel to create a mirror effect. Perfectly compliments the rest of the collection of Birillo bathroom accessories for the modern home.