A Sustainably Built Weekend Home
- The star of Breaking Bad opens the doors to his family’s recently completed beach house located just outside of Los Angeles.
- Warm up a new addition or highlight existing architecture with the right choice of wood—we recommend Douglas fir, an evergreen conifer native to the western coast of North America.
- Architect Steve Bull designed a high-impact, low-maintenance home for a pair of intrepid clients in Alaska, but that was only the beginning of the adventure.
- There’s no questioning the validity and worthiness of the growing popularity of green, but the relentless reliance on the term—rivaled perhaps only by the slew of i-prefixed electronic…
- Even before construction was complete, the Stump House was turning heads.
- Here at Dwell, we love a good form, but only in tandem with function.
We have seen hostesses go white when guests put wet glasses straight down on the coffee table. Now, whether or not water stains on varnished wood strike fear in your heart, laying a few of these letterpress palms around the house would no doubt encourage folks to follow the instructions carefully: "PUT IT THERE PAL."
- Mies van der Rohe once said, "We must remember that everything depends on how we use a material." In this Palo Alto, CA, residence constructed from rammed earth, steel, and glass, and finished in…