A Modern Prefab Addition to a Mid-Century California Classic
- Located just across the water from San Francisco, the East Bay—including the cities of Oakland, Berkeley, and Emeryville—is a much sunnier, spacious counterpart to its foggy sister city.
- Prefab houses are getting leaner, more efficient, and, in some cases, bigger. Here, we explore highlights from our December/January prefab issue, juxtaposed with our favorites from the past.
- On January 23rd, at the Proxy in San Francisco, Dwell and Aether Apparel hosted the talk Prefab's Progress, the latest in our series of Dwell Conversations.
- Inspired by a never-performed symphony he discovered in a book by avant-garde composer John Cage, architect Steven Holl has designed a masterful home and gallery in Seoul that fuses architecture and…
- Not all prefabs are made of sheet metal and shipping containers; these sylvan sanctuaries offer a more humanistic approach to assembly-line architecture.
- Along with the gable and the A-frame, the butterfly roof is among the most distinctive of silhouettes. Seven Dwell favorites follow.
- As we welcome the New Year, Dwell rounds up the most popular homes of 2013. Click through our first segment of modern architecture and brilliant design.
- Prefabrication can be used to solve anything from budget concerns to building obstacles. Packed with a range of sustainable features, these prefab homes tackle environmental issues, too.