Michigan Modern: 7 Homes in the Great Lake State
- They may range from humble wood cabins to contemporary architectural masterpieces, but the following 6 houses have one thing in common: each beautifully complements its lakeside setting.
- Dow Chemical put Midland on the map, but architect and local scion Alden B. Dow made it the most modern town in Michigan.
- As I noted last week via the blog and Twitter, and my colleague Amanda so aptly showed in this slideshow, I was in Michigan last week.
- A cool breeze coming off the water is the best escape from a mid-summer heatwave. These five lakeside homes combine modern design with fresh locations to serve as the perfect summer retreats.
- Houses we love in Michigan, Minnesota, Indiana, and more (Canada included).
- From a lakeside retreat in northwestern Michigan to a sustainably built home in northern California, here are 7 sleek and smart kitchen renovations.
- With fall upon us and a distinct nip in the air, there is no better time to snuggle up by the fire in a rustic—but still very modern—cottage.
- Herman Miller is the Michigan-based manufacturer of all things modern—along with Knoll, and a handful of other companies, one of the grandparents of American modernism.