Incredible Island Houses Part Two
+ Read Article
Part 2 of our journey to cool houses on the islands of the world takes us to places both expected (Hawaii) and unexpected (a tiny, sunny island off Southern California; a snowy one off the coast of Maine) where modernism is alive and well.
Showing image @current of @total
- Hop from island to island as we suss out spectacular modern design sited in Hawaii's idyllic tropical landscape.
- Islands provide their inhabitants with a sense of peace, and their architects with a set of real challenges, from rough topography to sites reachable only by boat.
- Summer days are long in Scandinavia, and we can't think of any better place to spend the sunny hours than in—and around—these chic and stylish summer houses.
- Arresting vistas, alluring interiors, striking architecture, and handsome furniture: all elements of the following 10 spectacular dream homes that will fill you with serious house envy.
- Case Study architect Edward Killingsworth’s masterpiece, the 1957 Opdahl House, fell into ruin, but thanks to a musician with a passion for modernism, it is celebrating its 50th anniversary in…
- As much as we love furniture, the idea of filling an active space with redundant pieces feels wasteful. These simple entryways rely on strong structure and dramatic details to add visual interest.
- Adding a splash of color here and there, these 7 homes brighten their exteriors with bold hues.
- From locations like a microcourtyard in Virginia to a prefab glass-shelled retreat in summery Finland, these ten outdoor gardens will make you green with envy.