Going Underground: 3 Houses Built Into the Land
- Architect Byoung Soo Cho’s Earth House is quite possibly one of the classiest dugouts ever built.
- Harnessing the power of dirt, sand, soil, and earth, these projects prove that modern houses are not just made of glass and steel.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Agricultural buildings aren't really designed, someone just made them. I try to design like that—so it looks like it's not designed at all, it's just there."
- When compiling the list of the 20 most popular modern homes featured throughout Dwell's 12-year history, certain themes began to surface: small space projects, renovations, unconventional living…
- It can be tough fitting in, but these clever, unobtrusive homes manage to fit a dose of modernism into the nooks and crannies left over from piecemeal urban expansion, or by gently settling into…
- Homes built underground (aka Earth Sheltered Homes) are starting to look pretty enticing, what with the state of the economy and all.
- South Korea is known for its innovations in technology.