Getting Away from it All: 7 Remote Homes
- An hour's travel from downtown Seattle, Washington, lies what some call "Maine West": Whidbey Island.
- In addition to the wonderful letters architect Peter Cohen sent to Editor Aaron Britt while he was working on a feature story on his home, Maison Amtrak, he also sent in drawings of the four other…
- Architect Shane Blue crafts a modern home on a remote plot of land in southeastern Australia.
- As the Northeast braces for one of the worst storms in memory, we can't help but remember (and hope for the best for) all the fantastic houses we've featured in New England.
- The innovative state has no shortage of architectural experiments; these 7 prefab homes are pushing the design envelope.
- With nearly a half century of architectural experience, Peter Cohen designed this ingenious spine-and-module home for him and his wife Sally in the coastal forests just outside Ellsworth, Maine.
- Built on a challenging hillside site and tucked behind a thicket of trees, the Bridgman, Michigan, house designed by Scott Rappe provides a modern weekend retreat for a Chicago couple.
- A highlight of reporting "A Simple Plan," my story about the Marmol Radziner-designed prefab in Ukiah, California (in our December/January 2012 issue, and online here) was sitting down with…