On the Edge: Modern Homes Designed for Extreme Sports
- A surf shop in New York City? Unexpected, sure, but also incredibly chic.
- In Hobe Sound, Florida, a home overlooking a custom-built water-ski circuit is hardly par for the course.
- With photos now pouring in of newly snow-covered cities across America—or perhaps exactly because of it—we have Hawaii on our minds.
- While surfing around, I found this intriguing use of sports-arena flooring as a residential wall material in a house in progress by Bates-Masi architects on Noyack Creek in Southampton, NY.
- A dining room doesn’t have to stay behind closed doors and for most, an extremely formal space isn’t only unnecessary, it is uncomfortable.
- As cities with hills steeper than black diamond ski slopes go, San Francisco is exceptionally bike-friendly.
- Way back in our Dec/Jan issue that kicked off 2008, we told the story of the super groovy, surf bum-cum-architectural genius Harry Gesner.
- These five open-plan homes prove it doesn't take interior walls to give space a purpose.