Dwell's Top Homes of 2013 Part One
- “Good design is something that pleases the eye,” says Jens Risom.
- As the weekend approaches, we've gathered ten of our most popular homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- Adding a splash of color here and there, these 7 homes brighten their exteriors with bold hues.
- Part 2 of our journey to cool houses on the islands of the world takes us to places both expected (Hawaii) and unexpected (a tiny, sunny island off Southern California; a snowy one off the coast of…
- Prefab houses are getting leaner, more efficient, and, in some cases, bigger. Here, we explore highlights from our December/January prefab issue, juxtaposed with our favorites from the past.
- Set in ranging landscapes from Alaska to Sweden, Dwell takes a look at 10 modern cottages built on rural terrain around the world.
- Constrained by minimal square footage, small houses run the risk of feeling cramped and claustrophobic. The best solutions often involve copious amounts of natural light.
- Among the most tried-and-true building types is the A-frame house, which, as evidenced by the following homes from our pages, can be very modern indeed.