- Noah Webb has been photographing architecture and people's homes for Dwell for about ten years. We just commissioned him again for a project in our upcoming special Prefab issue.
- Everyone needs a room to call their own; better still, a room with a breathtaking view. Here, a few of our favorites from stories past.
- A dazzling display of colored windows wraps the custom-furniture-filled Venice, California, home of architect Lorcan O’Herlihy.
- Tony and Rachel Sherman were simply trying to buy a house, but what they found instead was a foundation—a discovery that transformed them from home buyers to home builders virtually overnight.
- Sometimes sleepy, vibrantly edgy, and always arty, Venice, California, remains a bastion of architectural freedom, where decades ago Frank Gehry famously plunked down an enormous pair of binoculars…
- Is there such a thing as "home" without music?
- From a dazzling multi-windowed home in sunny Venice to a renovated Victorian in Oakland, we highlight five more of our favorite abodes from the west coast.
- Whether located in dense, urban environments or the middle of the woods, window-clad bedrooms that let lots of light in offer the best sleeping experiences.