Architectural Astrology: September 2013
- Who says you can't fight City Hall?
- Whether a sculptural noir Philippe Starck or bright-hued minimalist number suits your fancy, there's a dashing modern chair for everyone inside.
Dimentions: 6.3" H x 12" dia.
Weight: 9.9 pounds
White walls and wood accents—what more could a modernist desire? The only grill in our roundup designed for tabletop use, it features a built-in heat blocker that keeps its base cool and your table from getting singed (just watch your fingers at the top of its ceramic exterior).
The tight space between the charcoal and cooking grates means you must carefully spread out no more than a single layer of briquettes to avoid food-ash contact. At $360, we expected top-notch materials, but after just one grilling and wash-up, the stainless steel bowl took on a coppery hue
- When it comes to interior design it seems like some colors get all the glory.
- There’s a reason the kitchen is called the heart of the home: It’s where you and your family gather to cook, to eat, to socialize, and, sometimes, just to catch up over a quick snack or a cup of…
- One Fall design trend that we are really loving this season is warm wood tones.
- Whether it's indoors or outdoors, for practical use or aesthetics, a fireplace is a great addition to any home.
- That 10.2 channel receiver you just snagged may give you the audio equivalent of an IMAX experience in your living room, but chances are your neighbors don’t share the same level of enthusiasm…