9 Prefab Homes Set on Stilts
- While we fancy prefab as an option for building economically, out-of-the-way, and off-the-grid, a modular building system can work just as well in a city. Here, a handful of smart urban prefab homes.
- Design firm Baumraum’s modern tree house in Belgium sparks a dialogue about nature and architecture.
- We know you've been busy this week keeping up with New Year's resolutions and might have missed some great stories. Here, we've gathered up the top stories of the week in one convenient place.
- Constructed in 1961, Richard Meier’s first residential project is a nascent example of the modern prefab typology.
- Freed from the constraints of urban architecture, these homes luxuriate in their far away locales.
- At an expanded 23,000 square feet, Dwell Outdoor promises to be a hub for all things green and prefab during Dwell on Design, taking place June 20-22, 2014, in Los Angeles.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- Prefab houses are getting leaner, more efficient, and, in some cases, bigger. Here, we explore highlights from our December/January prefab issue, juxtaposed with our favorites from the past.