8 Ways to Modernize a Farmhouse
- A pitched roof doesn’t necessarily mean a home is stuck in the dark ages of the American architectural vernacular.
- Today we venture out to the American, Canadian and English countryside to view inventive, modern takes on a venerable architectural archetype: the farmhouse.
- As the weekend approaches, we've gathered ten of our most popular homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- As we previously explored in Modern Gables, these five homes provide a well needed break from the hustle and bustle of city life. Take a closer look at these strikingly innovative barn residences.
- Wide-open spaces, welcoming attitudes, and a healthy respect for modernism: the American Midwest has much to offer. Here are 12 modern houses from the Heartland.
- As dedicated modernists, we consider sustainability a baseline need, not an added bonus.
- Two years ago architect Chad Everhart came across an old farmhouse near Boone, North Carolina.
- When it came to designing a new home for herself and her family, one of the most important ambitions held by architect Lucy Marston was to create a sense of belonging.