8 Striking Designs in Wisconsin
- A few years after moving into their stocky, cavelike 1970s bi-level 20 miles southeast of Milwaukee, JJ and Eric Edstrom decided it was time to renovate.
- Houses we love in Michigan, Minnesota, Indiana, and more (Canada included).
- We conclude our countdown of the 100 most-popular homes in Dwell.
- From a 19th-century stable in Chicago to a former one-room schoolhouse in Wisconsin, these renovations in the Midwest marry charming histories with modern sensibilities.
- Earlier this week, the American Institute of Architects awarded its tenth annual Housing Awards to projects across the country, several of which have been featured in Dwell.
- Wide-open spaces, welcoming attitudes, and a healthy respect for modernism: the American Midwest has much to offer. Here are 12 modern houses from the Heartland.
- Islands provide their inhabitants with a sense of peace, and their architects with a set of real challenges, from rough topography to sites reachable only by boat.
- Nothing screams "late fall" like a trip to a cabin. These seven homes fit the coziness bill, but with a modern slant that brings the housing typology into the 21st century.