8 Modern Mountainside Homes
- In an unlikely mountaintop locale, Anderson Anderson Architecture crafted a home out of a complex composition of off-the-shelf components, paving new paths for the prefabricated construction industry.
- When Seoul architect Byoung-soo Cho set out to design his urban dream house, he turned to the city’s architectural history for inspiration.
- A strong creative streak runs through the Pacific Northwest and is on vibrant display in these spaces, featured in the pages of Dwell and on Dwell.com.
- These bold and modern facades take transparency—and creative use of common materials—to the next level.
- Homes at high altitudes enjoy solitude and panoramic views, but they also have to be resilient against inclement weather and difficult foundations.
- When Andy Linsky, a realtor specializing in mid-century homes, and his partner Michael Thomas, set out to build a home of their own, they enlisted architect Ana Escalante to realize their vision.
- We've corralled a collection of prefab homes located on precarious hillsides, atop mountains, in remote deserts, and next to pristine lakes to show the building method's versatility.
- Dwell loves a good outdoor shower or al fresco tub. Here, five of our favorite ways to bathe outdoors, from Wisconsin to Japan.