8 Modern Architects at Home
After attending two weddings in the span of a single week, we've got champagne on the brain, big time. Rather than risk drying out completely, we'll spend our Monday lovingly eying the unfussy shape of these Colombina flutes by Doriana and Massimiliano Fuksas, imagining jolly toasts, lots of hugs, and tiny bubbles tickling our nose.
- Love her or hate her, Zaha Hadid's scope is remarkable in terms of the breadth of designs as well as in their diverse locales.
Keep the grocery store bottles in the cupboard and pour your oil and vinegar into something a little sleeker. This glass set from Alessi comes on a melamine tray for table-ready transport, while the cone on each neck will catch sneaky drips from falling on the tablecloth.
- Shigeru Ban calls the Aspen Art Museum, which is expected to be completed this summer, "my great step forward in my career as an architect." Dwell caught up with the architect for the recent reveal…
- As part of last month's Milan Design Week, Zaha Hadid Architects teamed with LEA Ceramiche to create "Twirl," a mesmerizing installation in the 18th-century courtyard of the State…
- Part one of our guide to what to see in Milan at the 2014 Salone Internazionale del Mobile fair—first up, onsite at the Rho fairground.
- Of the myriad books on modernism—some more enlightening than others—The Century of Modern Design (Flammarion) will likely prove to be an important one.
- Earlier this week I attended the press preview for "How Wine Became Modern," opening at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art on Saturday, November 20.