7 Small Homes in Japan
- Embracing small spaces requires maximizing functionality and minimizing material objects. Here are seven of the tiniest houses featured in Dwell, all under 400-square-feet.
- With shapes ranging from perfect cubes to rectangular prisms, these seven box homes teach their inhabitants to be happy with less.
- These 8 interiors from Japanese houses we’ve shown in our pages possess warm woods, clean lines, and an unparalleled design sense.
- Thanks to a fleet of wildly creative architects producing out-of-the-box houses for brave, non-conformist clients, Japan's architecture scene is one of the most exciting in the world.
- A distinctive wooden pattern lines the walls, floors, and ceilings of this compact home in Japan.
- Many camps argue that communal living is the way of the future because of it's lower impact on the environment. Could you do it?
- In the second installment of our series on tiny kitchens, we bring you space-savers in New York, Hollywood, Tokyo, and beyond.
- These five homes in Japan solve a variety of problems, whether it’s a lack of square footage, privacy, or lighting.