7 Small Homes in Japan
- With shapes ranging from perfect cubes to rectangular prisms, these seven box homes teach their inhabitants to be happy with less.
- Embracing small spaces requires maximizing functionality and minimizing material objects. Here are seven of the tiniest houses featured in Dwell, all under 400-square-feet.
- Architects constantly refer to Japanese design when crafting small spaces; Dwell goes straight to the source for inspiration on how to make the most out of every square foot.
- Thanks to a fleet of wildly creative architects producing out-of-the-box houses for brave, non-conformist clients, Japan's architecture scene is one of the most exciting in the world.
- These 8 interiors from Japanese houses we’ve shown in our pages possess warm woods, clean lines, and an unparalleled design sense.
- When tricky terrain poses construction problems, hoisting a prefabricated home up on stilts offers a practical, eco-friendly solution.
- Many camps argue that communal living is the way of the future because of it's lower impact on the environment. Could you do it?
- In the second installment of our series on tiny kitchens, we bring you space-savers in New York, Hollywood, Tokyo, and beyond.