7 Small Beach Houses We Love
- Whether it is floating on a river in Ontario or a short walk to the beach in California, these five homes embrace the life aquatic.
- Sometimes architecture works best when it frames nature. These seven homes blur the boundaries between indoors and outdoors by opening up towards the ocean.
- For all the joys of beachfront living, it’s not without its risks. But with some smart design and sound engineering, this small coastal house stands tall against the threat of rising tides.
- From the deck of this waterfront house, the scenery is abuzz with Northern California wildlife–but there's not a utility bill in sight.
- Part 2 of our journey to cool houses on the islands of the world takes us to places both expected (Hawaii) and unexpected (a tiny, sunny island off Southern California; a snowy one off the coast of…
- It’s impossible to ignore nature in Big Sur.
- Eight modern homes that incorporate sustainable building practices into their oceanfront locations.
- Spying a body of water—be it a placid lake, roaring ocean, glassy pond, or snaking river—from your bedroom window is one of the fairest sights one can see.