7 Modern Steel Homes
- When the Charlottesville Waldorf School bought 13 undeveloped acres outside Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2002, the idea was simply to build a permanent home for the school’s 130 students,…
- Studio eM Design’s rammed-earth home in Corrales, New Mexico, updates the regional adobe archetype into a hallmark of sustainable design.
- What do architects build when they can be their own clients?
- As previously looked at in 5 Bold and Modern Glass Facades, Dwell takes another look at 8 contemporary structures that are recognized for their creative and daring use of combined materials and glass.
- Harnessing the power of dirt, sand, soil, and earth, these projects prove that modern houses are not just made of glass and steel.
- Architect J.C. Schmeil of Merzbau Design Collective recently completed this 4-bedroom, 4-bath house on Lake Austin in Texas, designed for a couple with three young children.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- From northeastern Italy to downtown Pittsburgh, a trendy neighborhood in Melbourne, Australia, to Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, here are eight inventive, modern apartment buildings that fit in…