7 Modern Spaces in the Pacific Northwest
+ Read Article
A strong creative streak runs through the Pacific Northwest and is on vibrant display in these spaces, featured in the pages of Dwell and on Dwell.com. Here, we venture beyond the region's major cities—Seattle, Portland and Vancouver—to see how design is flourishing in out-of-the-way places.
@current / @total
- Who doesn't fantasize about a small place of one's own—a retreat, an escape, a house built for one?
- From a nature writer’s off-the-grid Puget Sound getaway to a Texan’s shipping container guesthouse, these retreats may inspire you to make that backyard retreat you’ve been dreaming of a reality.
- The Watershed is an off-the-grid writer’s retreat that architect Erin Moore designed for her mother, nature writer Kathleen Dean Moore.
- Earlier this week, the American Institute of Architects awarded its tenth annual Housing Awards to projects across the country, several of which have been featured in Dwell.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- A coat of chalkboard paint on the wall adds a fun and useful accent to any room in the house, from a spot to scribble in kids' rooms to a keeper of to-do lists in the kitchen.
- Surrounded by lush evergreen forests and famously known for its cup of Joe, this second cool quintet of our favorite homes also resides in the Emerald City known as Seattle.
- Everyone needs a room to call their own; better still, a room with a breathtaking view. Here, a few of our favorites from stories past.