7 Modern Homes in Texas
- Austin-based architectural photographer Patrick Wong, who holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in architecture, asked the firm Cottam Hargrave for help in designing and building a…
- A pitched roof doesn’t necessarily mean a home is stuck in the dark ages of the American architectural vernacular.
- A film writer and director asked Austin, Texas–based architect Henry Panton to build a bunkhouse with a huge screen porch for family and guests on his 40-acre property in Bastrop, Texas,…
- Eight riffs on the cozy cabin typology that make the most of a forest setting with modern architecture that connects to the outdoors.
- From an environmentally conscious structure in Houston to a contemporary farmhouse in Cleburne, these homes in the Lone Star State show that Texas is just as much a modern design hub as it is a…
- Fall is upon us and the branches are beginning to grow bare, so there’s no better time than now to focus on your hardscape. Here are 10 ways to incorporate pavers into the modern garden.
- Architect J.C. Schmeil of Merzbau Design Collective recently completed this 4-bedroom, 4-bath house on Lake Austin in Texas, designed for a couple with three young children.
- An entreprenurial pair of Belgian brothers land in one of Texas's few bohemian oases, become property owners, and find that sharing a house in adulthood isn't half bad.