7 Inviting Wooden Prefab Homes
- At a Dwell Meetup event Tuesday, architect Joeseph Tanney of Resolution: 4 Architecture joined editor-in-chief Amanda Dameron in New York City to talk prefab in all its forms.
- Prefab has proven to be a popular architectural trend across the world. The Southern regional United States is no exception.
- A “tree house” of clean lines, ample glass, and thoughtful ingenuity lets a Washington, DC–area family and a stream of weekend guests enjoy prefab living in an unlikely locale: just…
- When tricky terrain poses construction problems, hoisting a prefabricated home up on stilts offers a practical, eco-friendly solution.
- What do an eco-home, a museum, and a concrete prefab home have in common? Modern design and a shared location: Switzerland.
- Though it's sometimes looked down upon as a dowdy counterpart to its enclosed cousin, the garage, the carport is a functional and—as these examples from Dwell's archives suggest—often elegant touch…
- Prefab houses are getting leaner, more efficient, and, in some cases, bigger. Here, we explore highlights from our December/January prefab issue, juxtaposed with our favorites from the past.
- The Hamptons, at the eastern edge of Long Island, is known as a stylish outpost, so it's not surprising that it has its share notable houses.