7 Houses in the Great Lakes Region
- Christmas vacation is right around the corner and that has got us all pining for a fabulous vacation getaway home. Here, we take a look at seven enviable escapes from the beach to the mountains.
- Wide-open spaces, welcoming attitudes, and a healthy respect for modernism: the American Midwest has much to offer. Here are 12 modern houses from the Heartland.
- Islands provide their inhabitants with a sense of peace, and their architects with a set of real challenges, from rough topography to sites reachable only by boat.
- In northwest Michigan, a vacation retreat boasts a prime vantage point from which to soak up the bucolic scenery.
- They may range from humble wood cabins to contemporary architectural masterpieces, but the following 6 houses have one thing in common: each beautifully complements its lakeside setting.
- With stops in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Cincinnati, Ohio; Buffalo, New York; Columbus, Indiana; and more, we take a closer look at gleaming modern homes in the country's rust belt.
- Whether you prefer to strap on skis or lounge by the pool, these vacation homes are inspiration enough to start planning your getaway.
- Eight riffs on the cozy cabin typology that make the most of a forest setting with modern architecture that connects to the outdoors.