6 Modern Lakeside Homes
- In honor of our just having landed at Design Week Mexico, Dwell presents a few of our favorite modern houses in the country.
- You may not be able to get away from your desk today, but you can take a short visual vacation courtesy of these eight scenes from the Dwell archives.
- A cool breeze coming off the water is the best escape from a mid-summer heatwave. These five lakeside homes combine modern design with fresh locations to serve as the perfect summer retreats.
- Home to Herman Miller, Michigan has a long and storied modernist pedigree. Here are seven inventive or noteworthy Michigan houses from Dwell's archives.
- Canada’s natural lush terrain gets accented by these five great homes.
- Unobtrusively distinct from its neighbors, a weekend house in Mexico assimilates the colors of the surrounding landscape on surfaces of glass, steel, and concrete.
- Islands provide their inhabitants with a sense of peace, and their architects with a set of real challenges, from rough topography to sites reachable only by boat.
- On the edge of a tiny island accessible only by boat, this buoyant summer home lives the life aquatic.