5 Striking Dining Spaces
- The acclaimed Italian designers Ludovica+Roberto Palomba carve a serene retreat out of a 17th-century oil mill in Salento, filling it with custom creations and their greatest hits.
- We take a dive into our archives for five of the best modern dining rooms from a breezy, glossy-tiled eating space to an outdoor gathering area fit for two dozen. Bon appétit!
- It’s the time of year when the dining room tends to actually be used for its original purpose as an elegant venue for long meals with family and friends. Here are 7 stunning examples from our pages.
- A high-impact, modern fireplace can be the heart and hearth of the home, providing a visual anchor in any room, indoors or out. Click through the slideshow to check out five of our favorites.
- Designer Barbara Hill applies her polished take on minimalism to a traditional 1920s abode in Atlanta for a transplanted Houston family.
- While white may be interpreted as an absence of color, it is by no means absent of major impact when used in design.
The light wings of Fly-Fly, designed by Roberto and Ludovica Palomba, treat the eye to 360° illumination and a feeling of lightness. The transparent form projects the light in the environment and also acts as a screen to avoid glare, making the Fly-Fly fly flexible in terms of placement and hanging height. Made from polycarbonate in a choice of two colors.
- For outdoor dining or a private place to lounge in the sun, nothing beats a courtyard. Here are seven such spaces.