5 Modern Getaways in Chile
- Taschen’s forthcoming Wood Architecture Now! Volume 2 is a compilation of pioneering works built from man’s inaugural construction material.
The latest in Taschen’s ever-growing Architecture Now! series (does Philip Jodidio ever sleep?), this volume takes us on a fantastic visual voyage around the world to some of the most stunning structures designed for dwelling: Cantilevered quarters jut out from fields in front of mountain quarries, stone residences emerge from rocky silhouetted cliffs, and modern glass palaces disappear into the horizon of the seas they overlook. We love these modern houses so much you might recognize some straight from the pages (and covers) of Dwell, like the Floating House by MOS.
- Now that sustainability is de rigeur in the architecture world, it is no surprise that a new tome from Taschen puts the solar power spotlight on 100 eco-friendly buildings.
- Sometimes the only thing getting us through the day is the dream of an escape—from work, from the city, from our day-to-day.
- Philip Jodidio's new book visits innovative projects across the globe, investigating the ingenuity of small-scale design.
- We always have strong green programming at Dwell on Design—from prefabs and solar arrays on the show floor to panel discussions and presentations on three stages—and this year is no exception.
- Should your summer travels take you south of the border, we've rounded up all the architecture and design hotspots in this quintet of Latin American city guides.
- Our annual small spaces issue is on newsstands now.