5 Extraordinary Homes Under 2,000 Square Feet
+ Read Article
Here at Dwell HQ in San Francisco, most of us reside in apartments and small ones at that, so we have a special place in our hearts for small space inspiration. Living small means getting creative and utilizing every inch of space in an efficient way. Here, we take a look at five homes that are making small spaces work and doing it in style.
@current / @total
- "I'm used to spending time on boats," says New York based architect and interior designer Page Goolrick, who has been sailing competitively for 15 years. "It's influenced my design.
- Since the very beginning of Dwell's inception, in 2000, we've had a department called My House.
- Embracing small spaces requires maximizing functionality and minimizing material objects. Here are seven of the tiniest houses featured in Dwell, all under 400-square-feet.
- At Dwell, we've loved small spaces from the get-go. Cruise through these eight issues from our archive to see all the ways that small is smart.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- From an orange shipping container addition to a cleverly-painted kitchen divider, click to see how these six homeowners used color to add personality to their homes.
- If you're short on kitchen space but big on design, never fear—the following 10 kitchens will help you fill your galley with great, space-saving ideas.