5 Cozy Bedrooms
- A dramatic departure from your typical cabin on the lake, this unique retreat adds shades of black to a tiny island awash with local color.
- When it comes to bedroom design, there is a healthy debate among designers and architects: Some say never go white (too antiseptic); some say never go dark (too gloomy).
- Whether the room brings the backyard in or vice versa, these dwellings mesh the beauty of the outdoors with the comfort of being inside.
- Hammocks can range from casual to luxurious, showing up everywhere from backyards to boutique hotels. Here are 6 swingin’ hammock arrangements from the Dwell archives.
- In these five homes, a well-placed skylight makes all the difference, flooding the interiors with light from above.
- Santiago Suarez is a man who craves challenge, a knight errant, if you will, whose exploits are in the realm of the intellectual and artistic.
- If you're a minimalist but prefer a cozy, not cold bedroom, one tactic to consider is wood-paneled walls. Adding organic materials warms up the space without adding fussy detail.
- Churches are among some of the most breathtaking works of architecture, but they need not be reserved for congregations only.