5 Cool Kitchen Islands
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- In this spotlight on materials in the modern home: marble. We examine four residences that make use of the natural stone.
- Designer John Picard isn’t afraid of getting his hands dirty in the kitchen, or washing the sand off his feet in the bathroom.
- We can learn a thing or two from foodies about kitchen design, as the following modern Dwell kitchen-centric homes—the stuff that culinary dreams are made of—so elegantly prove.
- "No man is an island," wrote poet John Donne, but in the case of kitchens an aptly placed island makes the room.
- Step back, Jacobsen, Utzon, Kjaerholm, Wegner, and all you other great Danes. When it comes to Danish design domination, the unrivaled champ is undoubtedly the almighty plastic brick—Lego.
- In Auckland, New Zealand, architect Michael O’Sullivan and his partner Melissa Schollum braved a miniscule budget, withering looks from friends, and nasty nail-gun injuries to design and build…
- When John Spanaro and Anne Mooney built a new home for themselves and their two daughters in Utah's Emigration Canyon, they brought more than just their California ideals and modern aesthetics with…