5 Cool Kitchen Islands
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Designer John Picard isn’t afraid of getting his hands dirty in the kitchen, or washing the sand off his feet in the bathroom.
- Step back, Jacobsen, Utzon, Kjaerholm, Wegner, and all you other great Danes. When it comes to Danish design domination, the unrivaled champ is undoubtedly the almighty plastic brick—Lego.
- From a single sheet to a shiny-metal extravaganza, stainless steel remains a very viable way of modernizing your kitchen. Here are 9 ways to incorporate the low-maintenance material.
- We can learn a thing or two from foodies about kitchen design, as the following modern Dwell kitchen-centric homes—the stuff that culinary dreams are made of—so elegantly prove.
The NPR radio connects via wireless to over 20,000 internet radio stations across the globe, and a portion of the price tag goes right to the beloved non-profit radio station.
- In this spotlight on materials in the modern home: marble. We examine four residences that make use of the natural stone.
No need to dive 20,000 leagues into the briny deep to find this clever little cephalopod-inspired caddy. Yes, it plays into our love of the oceanic and the nautical, but the fact that the red, black, chartreuse, or blue design carries up to nine shower accoutrements to keep our bathroom nice and tidy was what really won us over.