4 Award-Winning Small Spaces
- Stripping design to pure minimalism can mean exposing the elementary levels of color.
- This week, the American Institute of Architects' Committe on the Environment (COTE) announced its Top Ten Green Projects.
- Today, in honor of the 12th anniversary of the attacks of 9/11 we take pause and give a special salute to some of our favorite coverage of NYC over the years—knowing the skyline will never be the…
- Federico Babina's Archist City imagines what artist's own houses might look like—and while the resulting architecture is only imaginary, we've rounded up a few Dwell homes that fit the bill.
- In an era of sustainability, nothing should go to waste, and a roof should be no exception. We take a look at seven innovative rooftops where lush gardens and garden parties alike can thrive.
- The New York chapter of the American Institute of Architects has announced the six winners of its biennial New Practices New York competition, which singles out promising and pioneering city-based…
- Taking cues from Piet Mondrian's iconic Broadway Boogie Woogie painting, architect and critic Joseph Giovannini recasts a New York City studio apartment.
- Bold curves, colorful accents and technical vision: Finnish-American architect Eero Saarinen’s body of work represents Modernism’s playful side in bloom.