10 Minimalist Dream Kitchens
@current / @total
- Winter white is a color theme that may be trendy at the moment--but is equally classic and has long been revered by modernists.
- The internationally acclaimed designer Jaime Hayon takes us on a personal tour of his newly renovated home in Valencia, Spain, offering decorating tips along the way.
- In a former fishermen’s cottage outside Copenhagen, a young family has carved out a cozy, light-filled home.
- When existing homes contain awkward and cramped room arrangements, knocking down walls to create more open floor plans can work wonders.
- From island cottages to city homes, these three Spanish abodes offer plenty of inspiration for anything from incorporating more color into your space to integrating your home into its natural…
- From white exteriors to interiors, these homeowners know how to illuminate their space by using minimal color.
- With a little ingenuity, attics under the eaves can be transformed into bright, light living spaces.
In terms of designs for the kitchen, salt and pepper grinders and shakers always seem to catch our eye. This set by Norm Architects' Jonas Bjerre-Poulsen and Kasper Ronn for Menu is especially smart, with a ceramic body and wooden top. But it gets better: this grinder isn't limited to just salt and pepper. The designers made it extra strong to accommodate the adventurous chef. "We wanted to take a big step away from the predictable salt and pepper thinking and instead encourage people to experiment with spices, kernels, seeds and all the other modern kitchen ingredients," says Bjerre-Poulsen.