Up in the Woods: 8 Forest Homes
- Despite its “everything’s bigger” credo, Texas is a hotbed for reasonably sized—small even—buildings. To follow, seven homes that show the Lone Star state’s modern side.
- These five Austin homes from the Dwell archive combine sustainable design with contemporary ingenuity.
- A pitched roof doesn’t necessarily mean a home is stuck in the dark ages of the American architectural vernacular.
- A film writer and director asked Austin, Texas–based architect Henry Panton to build a bunkhouse with a huge screen porch for family and guests on his 40-acre property in Bastrop, Texas,…
- A family matriarch enlisted an architect, an interior designer, a builder, and a landscape architect to help realize her vision for a diminutive, low-key lakeside getaway.
- You love tiny houses. We love tiny houses. We filled our November issue with them, from New Zealand to Chile to Japan and beyond. Here’s a look at 10, hot off the press!
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up ten of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- In our latest regional round-up—hope you caught our posts on New England and Belgium—we turn our attentions to Texas, an outsize state with a notorious maverick streak.