The Windows Have It
- Architect Preston Scott Cohen resurrected an early 1800s barn as a vacation home for a literary couple and their family, calling to mind both the agrarian spaciousness of the structure’s former life…
- Sometimes you want to let the whole world in and other times…not so much. Here, we celebrate the architectural antidote to floor-to-ceiling glass: the tiny accent window.
- You'll never tear us away from the flat-roof modernism so prevalent in Dwell's pages over the last 12 years; nor would we try to eschew touting the glory of mid-century housing typologies.
- Set in ranging landscapes from Alaska to Sweden, Dwell takes a look at 10 modern cottages built on rural terrain around the world.
- As we previously explored in Modern Gables, these five homes provide a well needed break from the hustle and bustle of city life. Take a closer look at these strikingly innovative barn residences.
- With a little faith and a lot of foresight, Keisha Martin entrusted Laura Briggs and Jonathan Knowles to revitalize a derelict rowhouse, returning it to its original splendor and then some.
- From wood to steel to glass to cement boards, we give you the inside track on the materials and techniques needed to make your facade sing.
- While not as often associated with modernism as steel or glass, stone is indeed appreciated by modern architects, as evidenced by the following seven houses from the pages of Dwell that incorporate…