- Churches are among some of the most breathtaking works of architecture, but they need not be reserved for congregations only.
- As the way in which people use cities morphs form generation to generation, we're left with dormant buildings—those that have outlived their original purpose, but are rife for enterprising…
- The Mariscal residence in downtown San Diego is just one surprise in a city rarely associated with innovative urban structures.
- Thanks to designers Nina Tolstrup and Jack Mama, an aging workshop in London’s once-gritty Bethnal Green is reborn as a colorful, custom-built guesthouse.
- Creative bartering and a healthy dose of sweat equity allowed a young Charleston couple to transform a derelict 19th-century structure into an inspired living space.
- Amidst the pedestrian-friendly maze of leafy streets in New York City’s West Village, LOT-EK, a firm whose designs focus on the creative reuse of industrial materials, inserted a gut-renovated…
- Building on our Modern in the City of Roses slideshow, we share five more residential projects from Portland, Oregon, ranging from a multi-family development to renovations.
- When David Carmel decided to propose to Kirsten Axelsen, he was at home in Manhattan and she was in Ethiopia, working to eliminate trachoma (the world’s leading cause of preventable blindness).