A Weekend Retreat in the Forest
- Christmas vacation is right around the corner and that has got us all pining for a fabulous vacation getaway home. Here, we take a look at seven enviable escapes from the beach to the mountains.
- Eight riffs on the cozy cabin typology that make the most of a forest setting with modern architecture that connects to the outdoors.
- Houses we love in Michigan, Minnesota, Indiana, and more (Canada included).
- Happy Friday! We've wrapped up our top seven stories for you right here.
- Wide-open spaces, welcoming attitudes, and a healthy respect for modernism: the American Midwest has much to offer. Here are 12 modern houses from the Heartland.
- With stops in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Cincinnati, Ohio; Buffalo, New York; Columbus, Indiana; and more, we take a closer look at gleaming modern homes in the country's rust belt.
- Home to Herman Miller, Michigan has a long and storied modernist pedigree. Here are seven inventive or noteworthy Michigan houses from Dwell's archives.
- The locations may be far flung—from rural Missouri to Eglisau, Switzerland—the residents might be architects, families, or weekend warriors, but the constant is prefabrication in our…