Visiting the Parrish Art Museum
In our October Modern Across America issue, we previewed the Hamptons' Parrish Art Museum, designed by Swiss architects Herzog & de Meuron with interiors by Konstantin Grcic. Last week, we had the chance to see the building in person, right before it opened to the public on Saturday, November 10. When driving up the Montauk Highway on the eastern end of Long Island, it’s unclear if you are approaching an art museum or a farm. That is the subtle beauty of Parrish's new home, a space where industry meets the pastoral.
@current / @total
- Herzog & de Meuron design a new home for the Parrish Art Museum, providing an excuse to visit the Hamptons in the off-season.
- On October 10, the Crocker Art Museum in Sacramento—the art museum of my boyhood, I should note—will repoen both it's 1871-built gallery space, the old Crocker mansion, and a new…
- From Bauhaus to the latest automobile designs, a great amount of industrial design and modernism originated in Germany and continues to inspire on a global scale.
- Yesterday we at Dwell had the honor of welcoming designer Konstantin Grcic and Josef Kaiser, president of Vitra, to our offices.
- In addition to my tour of the Freitag factory in Zurich, a huge high point of my recent trip to Switzerland involved hopping over the border from Basel to 1 Charles-Eames-Strasse in Weil am Rhein,…
- The German designer talks about the futuristic visions in his Vitra exhibition and the thrill of making irritating furniture.
- German industrial designer Konstantin Grcic is one of our favorites, a designer who marries data-driven research with an uncanny knack for form and function.
- Released at the end of last month, Konstantin Grcic: Decisive Design by the Art Institute of Chicago's design curator Zoë Ryan is a fine addition to the growing literature on the excellent…